Choosing the perfect nappy bag is not an easy task. Now that you have settled on a beautiful Il Tutto nappy bag for you and your bub, we want to make sure it lasts you throughout your baby days and beyond.
Here are some tips on how to love your bag and take good care of it;
Tip 1. Protect
Water and Leather don't love one another. As soon as you unwrap your leather nappy bag it’s important to use a good quality leather water-stop spray. This will help protect your Nappy Bag from any liquids that may be spilt in your direction as well as getting caught in the rain.
All our non-leather bags don’t need the above care. You can simply just take them out and just start using them.
Tip 2. Storage
Your Il Tutto nappy bag will arrive in its own dust bag, and it’s important to use this dust bag to store your baby bag when not in use. If you happen to lose your dust bag over time, a cotton pillow case will also work well. Never store them in plastic or vinyl, as this has potential to trap moisture inside and damage your bag.
Tip 3. Long Term Care
Take care of your bag over time by cleaning it regularly with a leather cream cleaner to remove any buildup of dust and dirt that may settle on your leather bag over time.
We recommend a good quality protective spray or leather cream. Just ensure that if you don't buy your leather care products at the time you purchase your leather Baby Nappy Bag or handbag then ask your local shoe/leather repairer for a good leather care product.
All our non-leather bags can be wiped over with a clean cloth and warm water (for more stubborn dust/marks, use a colour safe mild liquid detergent)
Tip 4. Stain Removal
It’s important to try to remove a stain as soon as it happens. If you are unsure of the stain or concerned it won't come out, then take your bag off to a leather shoe/bag specialist.
Here are a few tips for daily handbag maintenance:
1. Avoid handling your bag if your hands are dirty or have lotion or cream on them.
2. Take care not to over stuff your nappy bag. This will put strain on the zipper teeth and can also weaken the handle stitching.
3. Use a suede brush to clean and revive suede.
5. Regular use of a leather care cream will keep the leather supple and free of cracks.
6. Wipe your bag down on a weekly basis (when in use) with a soft cloth.
7. Keep your bag out of direct sunlight.
8. Be careful when storing liquids inside your nappy bag. We recommend to use the bottle/food bag to ensure there are no spills into your main bag.
Most of the Il Tutto nappy bags feature a unique zip out lining for washing. To wash the lining, please remove from the main bag by zipping around the top zip. The internals can then be hand washed using luke-warm water and a clean non-abrasive cloth. Please air dry. Do not tumble dry or iron.
If you have any specific cleaning questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly through our contacts page.
A beautiful leather bag will last a lifetime if you just treat it right!