Looking after your iL Tutto furniture will not only maintain the appearance of your beautiful piece but also extend its life. Il Tutto’s range is made with high quality, stain guarded, premium fabric that is exclusive to iL Tutto.
Common and accidental stains are inevitable with a newborn. We have put together some short videos with our best tips & trick to clean those inevitable messes. You can watch them here.
General care instructions:
- Do not expose your furniture to direct sunlight. When your chair sits in direct light it may fade the material colour over time,
- Avoid using abrasive detergents or powders, however a small amount of mild detergent and vinegar, mixed with a lot of water can be used in a spray bottle, avoid spraying too close to the fabric. We recommend that you try dusting with a clean, lint free, cloth initially as usually a wet cloth should do the trick.
- Make sure not to place household heating appliances or hot objects directly on any furniture surface,
- Do not place your furniture near a heater, or other house appliances,
- When you’re moving your furniture, please make sure to lift, do not drag your nursing chairs. This will keep your floor safe, protect your back and keep your iL Tutto piece in its premium quality,
- If your iL Tutto Chair requires any assembly, make sure to follow the instruction sheet that will come inside your iL Tutto Chair box.
Fabric care instructions (nursing chair range):
- The use of Guardsman Fabric Protector every 2 – 3 years for protection from wear and tear, spillages, and other messes is suggested. You can either get someone to visit your home to professionally spray your chair, or simply buy a spray can from your local supermarket and re-apply yourself. Please ensure no one is in the house when you do, properly cover your face and hands and ideally, leave the chair for 24 hours to properly soak up and dry before using,
- Protect by not placing furniture in direct sunlight and heat, this will ensure a longer last,
- Vacuum your chair regularly to remove the build-up of surface dust,
- Clean up surface stains as soon as possible, being careful not to rub stain into fabric, you can watch our video on removing stains here, the secret ingredient to wash away stronger stains is a dollop of dishwashing detergent and vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle.
- Do not over wet fabric and allow to dry naturally between repeated spot cleaning procedures,
- Do not machine wash your Chairs fabric,
- Do not use bleach or other harsh chemicals on your Chair fabric.
The easiest way to maintain your velvet is to vacuum the velvet when you’re vacuuming the house. This will suck up any dirt that might be caught inside the pile.
For spills, it’s best to soak them up as quick as possible as it’s more difficult to clean when the spill has dried up. Our velvet is treated with stain guard for protection, so you will be able to gently dab the liquid up with a damp towel.
Treating your il Tutto items from pilling:
Firstly, what is pilling? For those who don’t know, Pilling is a characteristic of some fabrics. Commonly it presents as balling or matting of fabric fibres on the surface of your fabric sofa. Not to worry, this is simple to remove. De-pilling should form part of your regular an ongoing nursery chair maintenance. A pilling remover can be purchased here,
Wood material care instructions (Modena set):
- Dust Regularly with a dry cloth or feather duster
- Wipe clean with a soft cloth and mild detergent as you see fit
Mesh & metal care instructions (CoZee range):
- Do not use scourers or abrasive cleaners on the CoZee range
- Dust Regularly with a dry soft cloth or feather duster
- For mesh, clean with a mild, non-detergent soap with a damp cloth or sponge
We love creating furniture that will last through the years in your home. If you require any further assistance in taking care of your Il Tutto furniture please contact us.